Monday 29 May 2017

8 days to go...

No baby yet, although she still has time before her eviction is served.
I've now started thinking about the advice I've been given to bring on labour - sex and curry apparently, although I'm not particularly convinced by this. I'm pretty sure curry will give me serious heartburn, as would sex probably (most things do). Then there are more unusual labour inducing methods such as drinking raspberry tea or eating pineapple. Both of these are likely to also come with indigestion and you would probably have to eat a large number of pineapples before anything happened and drink an awful lot of tea - I spend a lot of time in the toilet as it is! And I don't like tea.

I went for a walk yesterday - another suggestion - it was quite a short walk but was enough to leave me barely able to move as the evening went on. I don't think my pelvis is up for much movement anymore. My hip pain, along with a dreadful stitch and severe cramp in my leg this morning all led me to think that maybe the babe was on the way. Unfortunately the agonising pain has now gone and little Heinz seems to have returned to her comfortable position for at least the near future.

While in pain last night, Si was trying to be helpful and looking up 'hip pain in pregnancy' and how to improve it, which is a helpful thing to do until the suggestions go from 'resting and doing gentle exercise' to 'do the ironing sitting down' - really?? Doing the ironing is not the first thing that springs to mind when I think my pelvic area is about to fall out of my body :s Maybe other women are different...

In other news my feet are now spending their days inflating like balloons, luckily they still tend to improve over night, despite the fact I get up and walk around so often. Spent a few more hours on the sofa last night, largely because I have now started making snorting noises if I sleep in certain positions. So very attractive. My body had better return to its normal state, I feel like I've become some sort of human alien - not long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-5 days to go...

Still here...getting a bit bored now, think my boredom threshold is only so long and I'm now running out of things to keep me occupied! ...