Thursday 20 April 2017

47 days to go...

Already lacking in things to do and not even on maternity leave yet. I have been advised to write a story, come up with a poem, draw a picture, so here I am writing a blog on my experience of growing a small person.
I think before getting pregnant the idea of having a baby is all happiness and light unfortunately once pregnant and you are in the throes of nausea, back ache, hip pain and constant trips to the toilet, you do start to wonder where this idea of the 'glowing pregnant woman' has come from. I think the only glowing I do is when I wake up in the middle of the night sweating because it is so hot (10 degrees) and I've fallen off my mountain of pillows unable to breathe as my lovely little heinz has got her feet in my lungs. I don't remember these images being in my mind before finding myself with child.

I think I should explain the 'little heinz' thing. According to the pregnancy bible (which I have on the coffee table and read daily in the hope that things will improve) many people call their bump a bean - the baby obviously being bean size at some point in its development. Heinz is a bean variety. Simple as. She was called Branston for a short time but due to her slight German heritage Heinz was more appropriate. However, we did start calling her Heinz before we knew she was a girl, hopefully by the time she is born we will have come up with a better name - Heinzella doesn't really roll off the tongue and reminds me a bit of Godzilla.

So, over 33 weeks done. This last part is dragging a bit. I keep telling little heinz she is more than welcome to make an appearance a bit early - please please come a bit early. Especially after last weeks scan which suggested she was 4 1/2 pounds already - maybe Godzilla is an appropriate name after all.  As a first timer the idea of pushing that out is a scary one. I was reading up on this in my coffee table 'pregnancy bible' which suggests using perineal massage - I won't go into details but lets just say it is something I will not be doing - it actually makes labour seem more appealing (and should probably not be something left out on the coffee table).

And on that cheery note I will leave it there. Having slept on the sofa for 3 hours last night after waking up with acid reflux and pain all down my side I might need a nap. I never thought sleeping would be so hard. At least during my times of pain little heinz is always there to give me a good hard kick in the ribs to remind she is still there and in a few short weeks will be out and keeping her daddy awake too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

-5 days to go...

Still here...getting a bit bored now, think my boredom threshold is only so long and I'm now running out of things to keep me occupied! ...