Friday 21 April 2017

46 days to go...

Today I had my last hair cut before the appearance of little heinz. I'm going to be doing many 'lasts' over the next few weeks, my last weekend at work this weekend, my last day on friday, the last time I can get out of the bath without assistance...
I have had a bath a few times now, listening to my 'calming music' cd, trying to associate being relaxed with the music in the background and the warm water, all ready for the ideal birthing situation. It then comes to getting out of the bath, which is about as relaxing as a whale finding itself beached at weston super mare. I have to do a sort of roll on to my side and then heave myself up, throwing water all over the place.  I then have to get dressed which in itself is a palava and not particularly relaxing, but I suppose I am trying! I now only have a bath when Simon is in the house, as one day soon my climbing out days will be over. I also think my 'getting into the bathroom cupboard' days are coming to an end, as my stomach expands I get further away from the sink and then can't reach high enough to get in the cupboard...they don't tell you these things in the 'pregnancy bible'.
Today's installment in the 'pregnancy bible' was all about taking it easy at work and deciding whether or not you wish to work until the last minute...stuff that idea, this time next week I'll have under 6 hours to go, yay!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

-5 days to go...

Still here...getting a bit bored now, think my boredom threshold is only so long and I'm now running out of things to keep me occupied! ...